Tomato on ASUS RT-N16
Installing Tomato on the ASUS RT-N16 is one of the easiest things I've ever done in my life!
Don't let other tutorials or blog posts confuse you, this is as easy as cake!
For those of you that have used DD-WRT before or otherwise don't need detailed instructions, it's this simple:
- Download and
unrarTomatoUSB's Kernel 2.6 MIPSR2 Ext package (I used Build 54) as
- Set your IP address to 192.168.1.42
- Plug into port 1 on the router
- Soft reset the router using the ASUS software's reset button at http://admin:firstname.lastname@example.org/Advanced_SettingBackup_Content.asp
- Hard reset the router using the 30/30/30 method with the **
- Power cycle while holding the
WPS) button until the blue light on port 1 flashes repeatedly
ping 192.168.1.1confirms that the router is responding, load the firmware:
tftp 192.168.1.1 binary put tomato-rt-n16.trx
Wait 90 seconds after tftp reports success before power cycling
Set your IP address back to DHCP
Power Cycle the router
- 30/30/30 reset
- Power Cycling a router
- How to set your IP address in Ubuntu or the easy way
- How to set your IP address in OS X
- How to set your IP address in Windows
Was this useful to you? Share it!
blog comments powered by Disqus